Fast and Easy Southwest Chicken is hardly worth a recipe post because it is so fast and easy. I use this quick “recipe” whenever I need to add a little protein boost for the non Veg Heads in my family to my vegetarian heavy menu. It is really fast, flavorful and really versatile. You can use it for all things Mexican and makes great lunchbox leftovers. You can grill, broil or fry it. I love Penzeys Spices for their creative mix of Southwestern flavors, but you can mix up you own combination too.
Fast and Easy Southwest Chicken
Yield 4 -6 servings
Use a prepared Southwest Seasoning of make up you own.
- 4 Organic Chicken Breasts
- 2 tablespoons Southwest Seasoning (1/2 tsp each: Cumin, Chili Powder, Smoked Paprika, Oregano, Garlic Salt, Pepper a dash of Chipotle Pepper Powder and Lemon Rind )
- Preheat the Broiler or heat a generous splash of Olive Oil in a fry pan
- Line a cookie sheet with foil and splash of Olive Oil if Broiling
- Rub the Chicken with Olive Oil and Spice Mixture on both sides
- Broil 4-6 minutes each side (check to make sure there is no pink in the middle)
- If Pan Frying, turn the heat to medium, cover and cook 7 minutes, flip and cook an additional 7 minutes (covered) on the other side (if the chicken is on the thin side, do 6 minutes each side)
- Let the chicken sit at least 5 minutes before shredding or slicing