This way to cook potatoes comes from the Canary Islands. Traditionally served with red and green Mojo Salsas to dip, Papas Arrugadas (wrinkled potatoes) are buttery smooth inside, with good texture and a salty bite on the outside. I use these to toss into lunch boxes, as a pizza topping, in a potato salad with balsamic vinaigrette or to cut up and roast with garlic spiked olive oil.
- small potatoes, scrubbed
- 2 Tablespoons coarse sea salt
- Cover potatoes with two inches of water, add salt and bring to a boil.
- Boil 15-20 minutes until tender but not falling apart
- Drain off water and return pan to heat.
- Heat just until all the water has evaporated then cover.
- Let sit about 15 minutes. the skins should be have a layer of salt and appear wrinkly.