When the nights are chilly and the days start getting short it is time to make soup. End your week on an easy cook night by turning leftover Coq Au Vin into Chicken Noodle Soup, Caribbean Black Beans into a Creamy, Spicy Black Bean Soup and Oven Roasted Fall Vegetables into a lusciously thick vegan Roasted Vegetable Soup. Make some homemade Garlic Croutons, chop some herbs and veggies and let everyone customize their own soup. Make it Your Way Soup Bar is a snap to make as you already have the leftovers in the fridge. Serve it up with some crusty bread, good olive oil and a tossed salad if you have the energy, but these soups are so filling and packed full of veggies you won’t need it. Slice some fall apples and pears and good cheddar to round out the meal.
IDEAS FOR MAKE IT YOUR WAY SOUP NIGHT
- COQ AU VIN (aka Chicken Noodle)-Use leftover Coq Au Vin…just add Chicken Broth and cooked wide Egg Noodles, dice the chicken and sprinkle on fresh Herbs
- CARIBBEAN BLACK BEAN-Whirl up leftover Caribbean Black Beans with Vegetable Broth and top with Salsa, Chopped Hot Peppers, Cilantro, as squeeze of lime and a swirl of Creme Freche.
- ROASTED VEGETABLE-Whirl up a batch of Oven Roasted Fall Vegetables with Vegetable Broth and top with Garlic Croutons, Parsley and a splash of Olive Oil
- GARLIC CROUTONS-Cube up french bread and toss with Olive Oil and crushed Garlic. Cook at 400f or 200c 10-12 minutes on a cookie sheet until crisp.
- CHOPPED PARSLEY
- CHOPPED CILANTRO
- GREEN ONIONS
- CREME FRECHE OR SOUR CREAM
- HOT PEPPERS
- OLIVE OIL
- CHOPPED AVOCADO
- ROASTED RED ONIONS
- ROASTED GARLIC
- LIME WEDGES
ON THE SIDE:
- SLICED APPLES
- SLICED PEARS
- SMOKED OR REGULAR CHEDDAR OR OTHER CHEESE
- TOSSED SALAD