These little Peanut Butter Power Bites Nuggets pack a wallop of protein and are perfect for post workout recovery. The original recipe came from PopSugar but I tweaked it a bit so you don’t have to weigh your ingredients and mixing is a bit easier. I like to have a big tool bag of protein bites to munch on for after a workout or to sustain me on long rides. These work well for after ride or run recovery as they tend to stick to the ribs and release much needed nutrients to recovering muscles. You can roll them in chopped nuts or coconut. You can also make them with peanut or almond butter.
Peanut Butter Protein Bites
- 1 cup Nut Butter
- 1 can Chick Peas, rinsed and drained
- 12 pitted Dates, soaked 3 min in boiling water and drained
- 1/4 cup Raw Organic Oats'
- 2 Tbsp Chia Seeds
- 1/2 cup Chopped Nuts or Shredded Coconut
- Put all the ingredients except the Chopped Nuts or Coconut into a Food Processor or VitaMix
- Whirl it up until a dough forms, using the tamper to press mixture into the blade
- Scrape mixture into a bowl and roll into small balls one or two bite size
- Roll each ball in Nuts or Coconut
- Store in the fridge, at room temp or freeze
Use any kind of nut butter you prefer.
Courses Performance Food