These little Veggie Burger Tacos are a fast and easy way to use up extra Veggie Burger filling. Just double the batch of Very Versatile Veggie Burgers, keep it in the fridge and fry it up just like the taco meat from your childhood taco night. It is super healthy, low fat, high protein and doesn’t leave an orange tinted dribble of oil running down your arm while you nosh. I love these little Organic Taco Sliders from Mi Rancho. Use pinto beans and Mexican spices in the Veggie Burger recipe and top with traditional taco fillings. Dinner in 15 minutes.
Veggie Burger Tacos
If you don't want to make the veggie burgers, fry up a pound of ground turkey, add a tablespoon of taco seasoning and 1/2 cup of water. Simmer until no longer pink, load into tortillas and add toppings.
- 3 cups Very Versatile Veggie Burger made with Pinto or Black Beans
- 12 Organic Corn Tortillas
- 2 cups finely shredded Cabbage
- 1/2 cup chopped Cilantro
- Sour Cream
- Avocado, chopped
- Tomatoes, diced
- Shredded Cheddar or Cotija Cheese
- Heat a bit of Olive Oil in a large flat skillet
- Add the Veggie Burger Mix and saute until heated through and slightly browned
- Warm the tortillas in a dry skillet
- Layer hot Veggie Burger mix with toppings and serve